Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diabetes Diet Guidelines - best Diabetes Diet Guidelines

Diabetes seems to be one of the most frightening diseases I had, but it's manageable so far. In the six years I have done very well at controlling my type 2 diabetes with diet and exercise, including lack of having been the cause of my first problem. I'm not a doctor and not play one on the internet then do nothing in this article without first talking to your account. However, because it seems so difficult at first, I want to share with you some things I've discovered that simplifies the whole thing for me food.

Diet programs for diabetes are everywhere, but many are so serious or so complicated that we can not continue. When my doctor diagnosed me, gave me a copy of a sheet of regime type that really had the joy of my life ... no sugar, bread, rice cake, ice cream, etc ... Fortunately, he sent me to a kind of diet for diabetes, which taught me that you do not have to stop sugar or other carbohydrates ... all you have to do is manage them. It makes all the difference! In fact, to manage type 2 diabetes, all we have to do is eat a balanced diet, which has been eating all the time.

The plan of the American Diabetes Association recommends that you obtain 50-60% of calories from carbohydrates, 12-20% protein and less than 30% fat. In my personal plan, I am inclined to the 50-30-20% in these groups. As you can see, 50-60% carbohydrates is not exactly eat anything ... Right? Let's go into the easy ways to mange the balance later. I found the biggest adjustment I had to do was to eat three large meals a day and turn it into three small meals and snacks 2-3. This is necessary to maintain balanced blood sugar (glucose). The funny thing is that after a week, I realized I had more energy and never hungry. Needless to say, I became excited.

Eat more healthy in general: The smallest adjustment to eat healthier ... The usual: more food fruits and vegetables, fresh meat, fish and poultry (lean meat) and fruit juice and less processed. More than cookies and chips. Breads and pastas and less white flour processed. More rice and less white. Low-fat milk or fat-free cheese, yogurt, salad dressings. Eating cakes, cookies, cakes, ice cream, soft drinks less often, and preferably low-fat varieties, sugar free, if possible. Most surprising to me was, there was literally nothing I could not eat ... I just had to control the way I ate. It's not as difficult as people think.

The food trade of the American Diabetes Association [http://www.diabetes.org/nutrition-and-recipes/nutrition/exchangelist.jsp] make it relatively easy to classify foods and how much of each you should eat. Here are some general classifications to start. The fats are butter, margarine, oils and nuts. The proteins are meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk and cheese (milk and cheese are high in fat). Carbohydrates are breads, cereals, legumes, cereals and potatoes. Sugars are refined carbohydrates and should be taken in very small quantities. Almost all vehicles are "free" because they are high in fiber and nutrients without being high in fat, carbohydrates, etc. All packaged foods have labels that indicate how much it is and the amount of carbohydrates, sugars, proteins, fats, calories in one serving. This is more important to read the price.

Serving size is easy to understand for food. If you learn the trade size and serving food, because you never have to count carbs, calories, etc. Just watch what you eat. Here's a little chart to help you get started:

Portions of the American Diabetes Association [http://www.diabetes.org/youthzone/portion-sizes.jsp]

Serve ... Measures ... And is about as big as ...

Cheese - 1 oz - four dice.

Rice - ½ cup - Half a baseball.

Bagel - 4 oz - a hockey puck.

Meat - 3 ounces - a deck of cards.

Peanut butter - 2 tablespoons - A ping-pong.

Pasta - 1 cup - a tennis ball.

A director of the Diabetes Diet Simple: I manage my diet through trade and portion control without measuring anything. I found every day when I can balance my diet and keep my blood sugar normal by controlling my parts as follows: 5-6 carbohydrate, protein 5-6, 5-6 fruits and vegetables (especially vegetables), less than 3 fats, and 2-3 liters of water. Be sure to include in your high fiber foods fruits and vegetables to help maintain good blood fat and sugar levels. I lost about 50 pounds in a year and held for 5 years since the beginning of my illness. I start to lose those last 40 pounds of my goal on the 180th's really about it! Obviously, you want to study as much as you can and ask your doctor to manage your diabetes, but I hope this article has removed some of the mystery and give you a good starting point to take control of your diet . You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment